Department of Mechanical Engineering
A department of excellence in training, research and innovation in mechanical engineering field for development. The Mechanical Engineering Department strives to be recognized globally for outstanding education and research leading to well-qualified engineers, who are innovative, entrepreneurial and successful in advanced fields of engineering and research.
- Imparting quality education to the students and enhancing their skills to make them globally competitive mechanical engineers.
- Maintaining vital, state-of-the-art research facilities to provide its students and faculty with opportunities to create, interpret, apply and disseminate knowledge.
- To develop linkages with world class R&D organizations and educational institutions in India and abroad for excellence in teaching, research and consultancy practices.
- To develop and maintain a strong academic staff base for optimum departmental performance.
- To integrate teaching and research for preservation and effective application of knowledge and skills.
- To improve, develop and establish teaching and research programs in line with country’s industrialization needs.
- To develop and promote quality and market driven academic and professional pursuits.
- To expand, strengthen and sustain the departmental income base.
- To strengthen and expand collaboration and partnerships with industry and other organization.
- To establish culture of hard work, good governance in leadership and management of the department.
- To develop, promote and carry out programs for epidemic and disaster prevention as well as risk management.