Department of Mechanical Engineering
Lab and Other Facilities:
1. Basic Workshop
In this lab students study about various tools, fitting work, sheet metal work and welding.
- Bench Vice
- Leg Vice
- Arc welding Machine
- MIG Welding Machine
- Resistance Welding Machine
- Fitting tools
- Sheet metal tools
- Welding tools.
- Carpentry tools
2. Engineering Drawing Lab
Two drawing halls are devoted for Engineering Drawing of first year students.
3. Computer Aided Machine Drawing Lab
In this lab students study about 2-D and 3-D Drawings of fasteners like bolt and nut, couplings, Keys and joints, rivets, thread forms and 3-D assembly drawings of different Machine Elements.
- 38 computers with high end configurations
- Installed AUTO CAD & ANSYS Software.
4. Machine Shop
In this lab, students study about various machining operations using Lathe, drilling, milling, shaping, grinding machines with ample space.
- Milling machines
- Drilling machines
- Grinding machines
- shaping machine
- CNC Lathes.
5. Foundry and Forging Lab
In this lab, students study about various foundry and forging process, measurement of various parameters of foundry sand etc.
- Different types of Dies
- Moulding boxes.
6. Metallography and Material Testing Lab
In this lab, students study about various properties of metals using testing equipments like Universal Testing Machine, Hardness Testing Machines, Impact Testing Machine, Metallographic Studies etc.
- Brinell Hardness Tester
- Rockwell Hardness Tester
- Impact Tester (Charpy and Izod)
- Universal Testing Machine(100 tonns, with computer interfacing facilities)
- Heat Treatment Furnace
- Torsion testing Machine
- Stiffness measurement of closed coil helical spring
7. Mechanical Measurements and Metrology Lab
This lab covers study of various measuring methods, equipments and tools used in Industries.
- Vernier Height Gauge
- Vernier Depth Gauge
- Outside ,Inside Micrometer
- Dial gauge
- Thread Gauge
- Strain Gauge
- Slip Gauge
- Surface Plate
- Vernier Bevel Protractor
- C.I Angle Plate
- Vernier Caliper
- Sine Bar
- Radius gauges.
- Profile Projector
- Screw Thread Micrometer
- V –Block
- Outside ,Inside Caliper
- Odd leg Caliper
- Filler Gauge
8. Fluid Mechanics and Machinery Lab
This lab covers the study of various performance characteristics, measurements of flow using various methods and instruments.
- Francis Turbine Test Rig
- Kaplan Turbine Test Rig
- Pelton Wheel Test Rig
- Impact of Jet on vane Test Rig
- Friction in Pipes Test Rig
- Centrifugal Pump Test Rig
- V-Notch, Venturimeter, Orifice meter
9. Energy Conversion Engineering Lab
This lab deals with the study of various performance characteristics of Internal Combustion Engines like 2 stroke, 4 stroke petrol, diesel engines, analysis and other tests related to energy conversion engineering.
- Bomb Calorimeter,
- Orsat Apparatus,
- Catalytic Converter,
- MPFI system,
- Valve timing diagram,
- 4-Cylinder Petrol Engine (Morse Test),
- Pin-fin Apparatus
- Parallel flow and Counter flow Heat Exchangers
- Thermal Conductivity Apparatus
- Emissivity Apparatus
- Heat Flux Measurement
- Dryness fraction measurement Apparatus
- Gyroscopic Set up
- Dynamic Balancing Machine
- Porter and Hartnell Governor
- Universal Vibration Machine
- 20 Computers with Ansys V15 software installed.
10. Heat and Mass Transfer Lab
This lab deals with the study of various performance characteristics of Heat and Mass Transfer equipments like Air Conditioner, Refrigeration, Heat flow analysis etc.
11. Dynamics of Machine Lab
This lab deals with the study of various design aspects like Vibration, Balancing, Gyroscopic Systems etc.
12. Computer Aided Modeling and Analysis Lab
In this lab, students are taught how to do Finite Element Analysis for any structural members which are exposed to different types of load like, Axial, Transverse & inclined Load, Temperature in the material, Stress analysis and Vibration analysis.
13. Computer Integrated Manufacturing Lab:
In this lab, students learn about how to write CNC part programming of turning, drilling and milling operations and to do Simulation. Using SINEWAVE software to create model and do sequence of machining operation and generate CNC part program.