Department of Management Studies
The department hosts a series of regular seminars and workshops in collaboration with other institutes of repute. Our invited talks bring together scholars, practitioners and researchers from across the world and students have dedicated time allocated to attend these. Students are thus provided a varied exposure and opportunity to learn from people outside the department.
CONFERENCES, SEMINARS & FDPs
SEMINARS / INVITED TALKS CONDUCTED BY BBA DEPARTMENT
- A seminar by Bombay Stock Exchange (BSE) was conducted on 5th May 2017.
- BBA students attended a seminar on Android App on 2nd May 2017.
- Invited talk on "Creating organizational value through HRM practices" by Suravi Sinha,visiting faculty at MSIT, was conducted on 19th April 2017.
- A session on “Knowledge Management” by Suravi Sinha,visiting faculty at MSIT, was conducted on 22nd March 2017.
- A special session on “Marketing Management” by Moumita Dutta, Marketing and Communication Manager at Evalueserve,was conducted on 22nd February 2017.
- A student development session was organised by BBA, MSIT for the BBA of MSIT, NSEC and TICT on 8th December 2016 (Thursday) at the MSIT Language Lab from 10.30 am - 12.00 noon on “Academic Stress Management ”. Anuttama Banerjee, Psychologist & Academic Mentor was invited to conduct the session.
- A student development session was organised by BBA, MSIT for the BBA streams of MSIT, NSEC and TICT on 8th December 2016 (Thursday) at the MSIT Language Lab from 12.00 noon - 1.30 pm on “Logistics & Supply Chain Management”. T.A.Khan, who has over 25 years experience in shipping, logistics & supply chain management in India and abroad, was the speaker.
- A student development session was organised by BBA, MSIT for the BBA streams of MSIT , NSEC and TICT on 30th November 2016 (Wednesday) at MSIT seminar Hall from 1.00pm - 2.30pm on “Personality Development”. Sajal Mitra, Director-Illumind took a highly interactive session.
- A student development session was organised by BBA, MSIT for the BBA streams of MSIT , NSEC and TICT on 30th November 2016 (Wednesday) at MSIT seminar Hall from 3.00pm- 4.30pm on “Entrepreneurial Skill Development”. Aaquib Hussain, Co-founder, I & We Engagements was the speaker.
- A workshop on Digital Marketing conducted by ICA from 11 am to 1 pm on 14.09.16 (Wednesday) at MSIT Ground floor Seminar Hall.
- Presently Mr. Sajal Mitra, Director-Illumind is conducting "Personality Development Sessions" for BBA 1st and 2nd year students on Tuesdays of the current academic calendar. Earlier, Faculties have conducted a session of impromptu speaking and book reading to improve the soft skills of the students.
- Seminar on "Six Sutras for Successful Life" by conducted by VOICE from 3:30PM to 5:30PM on 27th October 2016 at English Lab-I, MSIT. The speaker was Mr. Sai Anuroop, HSBC Bank Manager and an alumnus from IIT-KGP.
- BBA seminar talk on "Study , Work and settlement opportunity for future leaders and technocrats in Newzealand" by AWI Education Group, Newzealand was conducted on 9th September from 11 am - 1pm.
- BBA students attended a workshop on “CyberSecurity to MBA : Getting admitted to a Tier 1 American University” conducted by Webster University at Calcutta Club, Coochbehar Room on Saturday, November 5, 2016. The facilitator was Mr. Samrat Ray Chaudhuri.
CONFERENCES, SEMINARS & FDPs ATTENEDED BY FACULTIES
- Debarshi Ghosh participated in “Advanced Derivatives Trading Strategies” conducted by ICICI-direct Centre for Financial Learning on March 17th and 18th 2012, organized at Kolkata.
- Debarshi Ghosh participated in the two weeks Faculty Development Programme at Benaras Hindu University on “Entrepreneurship Development” in January 2013.
- Sahanur Islam, Aliv Banerjee and Debarshi Ghosh participated in the Faculty Development Programme organized by Birla Institute of Technology- Mesra, Ranchi at Kolkata Campus.
- Aliv Banerjee and Debarshi Ghosh attended the International Conference on Management, Healthcare and Media ‘Bhavishya’ - ICMHM 2017" at Future Institute of Engineering and Management on 7th April 2017.
- Debarshi Ghosh and Aliv Banerjee participated in 3-day NEN Entrepreneurship Educator Program WF100 at Institute of Engineering and Management, Kolkata from 7th-9th July 2016.
- Debarshi Ghosh and Aliv Banerjee participated in 3-day NEN Entrepreneurship Educator Program WF101 at Dream Institute of Technology, Kolkata lead by Mr. Deepak Kumar Khaitan from 22nd-24th Dec 2016.