Department of Electrical Engineering
- Graduates of B.E Electrical Engineering should have a comprehensive background of mathematics, science, and basics of electrical engineering to solve applications related electrical engineering and multidisciplinary areas and be able to communicate effectively with engineering community and society at large.
- Graduates of B.E. Electrical Engineering need to develop expertise and acumen in core areas like design, power generation & manufacturing engineering through industry-academia liaisons and work as an individual or in a team to the satisfaction of employers and blossom into entrepreneurs, scientists and technocrats with high quality project management & financial management skills and ethical values.
- Electrical Engineering program orients its graduates towards professional growth either through employment or higher studies or research and life long learning, using modern tools, and contemporary areas of socio-technological issues like energy crisis, pollution and industrial relations.
Mission and Vision
To elevate the department of electrical engineering to a world class institution, excelling through imparting of education where students disseminate knowledge in the field of Electrical Engineering and Technology and promote research work for the betterment of the society at large. Students are encouraged to be responsible individual and to pursue excellence for themselves, their employers and the Nation.
- To try and achieve excellence in the field of Electrical Engineering through provisioning of infrastructure beyond statutory requirements and become the preferred destination for prospective Electrical Engineers.
- To develop the learning process into an enjoyable experience through high quality of teaching that induces a sense of excitement of innovation, invention, design and entrepreneurship for the students.
- To develop the teaching – learning process to a level that the students acquire skills in Electrical Engineering acceptable to the best in the industry.
- To encourage and facilitate students, researchers and faculty to work synergistically across discipline boundaries.
- To promote research and development, technical consultancy and productive partnership by developing industry academia liaisons in the department.
- To inculcate an environment in the department which promotes high regard for ethical principles and human values in pursuit of knowledge as a process of lifelong learning.