Department of Civil Engineering
- Graduates will be able to analyze, design and propose a feasible solution to civil engineering problems by applying basic principles of mathematics, science and engineering.
- Graduates will become expertise and acumen in core areas like structural, geotechnical, environmental, water resource and transportation engineering to the satisfaction of employers and blossom into entrepreneurs, scientists and technocrats with ethical values.
- Graduates will be engaged in professional development either through employment or higher studies or research and contemporary areas of soci-technological issues like energy cricsis, pollution and industrial relations
Mission and Vision
- To establish a vibrant and broad-based graduate program with emphasis on up to date curriculum, quality faculty and staff, field and industrial training to prepare engineers with state of the art knowledge for professional practice in Civil engineering, guided by strong conviction towards morality and ethics.
- To provide a comprehensive learning experience for the student to enable them to make meaningful contribution for their employers, for India, for the world and for their own benefit as well as for the society in general.
- To instill integrity to expand technical education.
- 1. To ensure that students can achieve their full potential and be prepared to cope with technological and professional demands.
- To encourage research activities particularly in areas of regional needs.
- To allow exchange of academic and industrial views for a clearer understanding of current and future Civil engineering demands.
- To instill ethical and social values and communication skills for a clearer understanding of other people’s views and express their own response to the needs.
- To keep abreast with the latest developments of challenging applications in the field of Civil engineering practices around the world.
- To inculcate reliability and honesty through curricular, co-curricular and extra- curricular activities.