Department of Civil Engineering
Achievements by Faculties
- Dr. Biwajit Thakur was awarded twice with Nabab Zain Yar Jung Bahadur Memorial Medal for the best subject papers published in the journal of Institute of Engineers India (IEI) 2009-10 and 2013-14.
- Jayanta Maity was awarded with Sir Arthur Cotton Memorial Medal for the best subject paper published in the journal of Institute of Engineers India (IEI) 2013.
Achievements by Students
- Subhadip Metia (2008), Kaustav Chatterjee (2010) and Sampurna Dutta (2012) of Civil Engineering Department got the Gold Medal being toper of all streams of B.Tech. awarded by West Bengal University of Technology.
- The students of Civil Engineering Department have been awarded on best Innovative Steel Design for Civil/Structural Engineering Students certified by Institute of Steel Development and Growth (INSDAG).
- Sri Arpan Roy (2003-07) has secured 15th rank in GATE Examination and has admitted at IIT Kanpur.
- Ms. Sampurna Datta (2008-12) has secured 20th rank in GATE Examination and has admitted at IISc Bangalore.
- Ms. Seemontini Roy Choudhury (2008-12) has secured 630th rank in GATE Examination and has admitted at IIT Kgp.
- Chandrani Chakraborty (2009-13) secured 312th rank in GATE Examination and has admitted at IIT Mumbai
- Abir Mondal (2009-13) secured 580th rank in GATE Examination and has admitted at IIT Roorkie.
- Shreya Dey (2009-13) secured 720th rank in GATE Examination and has admitted at IIT Gowahati.
- Chayan Bhatterchajee (2009-13) secured 930th rank in GATE Examination.
- Debmalya Datta (2009-13) secured 891th rank in GATE Examination.
- Ananta Sinha (2010-14) secured 534th rank in GATE Examination and has admitted at IIT, Guwahati.
- Kaustav Chatterjee (2006-10) has admitted for Ph.D. at IIT, Mumbai.
- Pradipta Ghosh (2009-13) secured 89 percentile in CAT, 2014-15 and admitted at IMI, Delhi for MBA Finance.
- Debrup Dutta (2009-13) admitted for M.E. in Structures at Queen’s University, Canada.
- Saheli Majumdar (2009-13) joined at IISc, Bangalore as Sr. Research Fellow.
- Sampurna Datta (2008-12) registered for Ph.D. in Michigan University,USA.
- Jitapriya das (2006-10) has admitted for Ph.D. in Helsinki Metropolia University of Applied Sciences).
- Amrita Goswami (2006-10) has admitted for Ph.D. in Iowa State University.
- Turya Ganguly (2004-08) has admitted for Ph.D. at NUI, Galway, Ireland.
- Sandipan Dhar, Sohan Mallick , Dhiman Das, Sayantan Paul, Dipanjan Mukhopadhyay (2nd year students ) participated and won 2nd prize in the event of “Survolayer” (Surveying) organized by Netaji Subhas Engineering College in 2015.
- Ankhiparna Guha, Anik Mal, Sambajit Ghosh, Md. Masood and others student of 2nd year participated in a seminar of World Water Day organized by Department of Civil Engineering, IIEST, Shibpur in 2015.