Department of Basic Science and Humanities
- The Department mainly takes care of Engineering students in their first year.
- The main focus of the department is to develop among the students a sound foundation of basic scientific principles which will enable them to understand their core subjects offered in higher semesters.
- The Department further ensures that the students develop acumen for the English language, enabling them to logically think and converse in the language. The Department actively encourages students to display their individual talents in art, culture, debates, group discussions and NSS activities.
- The Department strives to develop confidence among students and also encourages progressive and analytical thinking, nurture creativity and enhance professional competence.
Mission and Vision
To create a secure and stable bed rock for the adequate growth of future leaders in engineering education and research, and facilitate their enhancement in the application of knowledge to benefit the society, as skillful professionals.
- The department of Basic Sciences and Humanities aims at preparing a fitting pedestal for the professionals who would in future; provide leadership in industry and exemplary educational and related services, to improve the lives of individuals in a changing and complex global society.
- The Department further commits itself to creating a harmonious and stimulating environment in which each pupil will be encouraged to develop his or her intellectual ability, creative skills and academic performance potential.